Social

Social

Advertise with IZEA Media

Friday, February 3, 2012

Grilled Buffalo Ham And Cheese Sandwiches


I love Grilled cheese, I love ham, so naturally I love grilled cheese and ham sandwiches. But, I am always looking for a way to kick it up a notch. On a day I was bored, I threw some Frank's Red Hot on a ham sandwich I was making. I was nervous at first, but I was surprised how well the Frank's could compliment the ham. The saltiness of the ham and the spicy hotness of the Frank's went hand in hand. This time I used a different type of bread and a different type of cheese. I didn't like it. I will go back to my original way. I will put the way I did it this time in the description, and I will add notes for what I would change. If you want to give it a try, here is how I did it.

_______________________________________________

Grilled Buffalo Ham & Cheese Sandwich

Ingredients
- Ham - Any type works
- Bread - I used these kaiser rolls, next time I will go back to using a Panini Style bread
- Cheese - This time I used Pepperjack, but next time I will go back to Swiss
- Frank's Red Hot
- Pickles - I like the sandwich slices
- Lettuce

Instructions

1. Pre Heat Grill to around 450 degrees. Place your pizza stone on the grill so it heats up at the same rate as the grill.
2. Make your sandwich as you would any other. Frank's Red Hot on each side of the bun, ham, lettuce, pickles and cheese.
3. Once your pizza stone is heated up, throw the sandwich on for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the bread is crisp.

I like to throw some mesquite chips in the smoker box while I make these sandwiches so they get a little more of that smoky grilling flavor.

_______________________________________

I love making sandwiches on the grill and pizza stone. They turn out so crisp and awesome! I thought the Kaiser roll was to much and the pepperjack also was a little to much. I would use a Panini bread and Swiss cheese. Let me know how it turns out.

No comments:

Halloween 2011

Halloween 2011
Pumpkin Carving