Friday, February 10, 2012
Grilled Ham And Cheese With Yellow Peppers
I have decided I am going to make all of my sandwiches on the grill from now. They turn out way better than I could of imagined. Way better than using a Pannini press or some other type of sandwich maker. My entire meal last night was made up of things I made on the grill. Check it out!
Grilled Ham and Cheese
- Sour Dough Bread
- Your Choice sliced Ham. I love Boar's Head Honey Ham
- Your Choice Cheese - I used a Sharp Cheddar
- Yellow Banana Peppers
- Butter or Olive Oil
- Dill Weed
- Pre Heat grill to around 400 degrees (Medium to High Heat)
- Take 2 pieces of bread, and based off of your preference, cover the outside of the bread with a light layer of either butter or Olive oil.
- Put a generous layer of ham down on the non buttered side of the bread. Sprinkle cheese on top of ham.
- Put a layer of yellow peppers down followed by a layer of pickles. How many or how thick depends on your love for pickles or peppers.
- Cover with another layer of ham and put the other piece of bread on top of the sandwich with the butter or oil side on top.
- Place of the grill for about 5 minutes and sprinkle the Salt/Pepper and dill on the sandwich then flip. The bread should have some awesome grill marks, a nice golden brown color and have a good crispness to it. Place on the other side for about 5 minutes until that side is toasted.
- If the cheese does not see melted at this point, push the sandwich to a not as hot part of the grill and let it sit until everything is melted.
Home Made Dill French Fries on The Pizza Stone
- 5 or 6 Large Potatoes - Or 1 per person you are prepping for
- Seasoned Salt
- Olive Oil
- Place Pizza Stone on Grill so it heats up at the same rate as the grill
- Microwave the Potatoes for 5 minutes just to soften them up a little
- Slice the potatoes however you want. I like to cut them in half lengthwise and then slice them into flat thinner fries.
- Place in a bowl and toss with Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper and Dil
- Place the fries in a single layer on the stone with little to no gaps between the fries.
- Leave them on the grill for a minimum of 50 minutes, longer for the crispier you want them.
Grilled Angel Food Cake With Fresh Grilled Strawberries
- Fresh Strawberries - Sliced
- Teaspoon Sugar
- Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Store Bought Angel Food Cake Or Pound Cake
- Whipped Cream
- Place your sliced strawberries on a sheet of tinfoil.
- Sprinkle your sugar and pumpkin pie spice onto the strawberries.
- Fold the tinfoil up into a pouch with a small hole at the top
- Place the strawberries on the grill on indirect heat for about 10 minutes. Your just trying to warm them up, not cook them
- Cut the Angel Food Cake or Pound cake into about 1 inch slices.
- Put a light layer of butter on each side
- Place the slices on the grill for a bout a minute or 2 on each side or until they get a little crispier and brown up with good grill marks.
- Remove from the grill.
- Put a slice on a plate with a dollop of whipped cream and some fresh grilled strawberries and enjoy!
Next, I am going to make Peanut Butter and Jelly And Banana Sandwiches on the grill. Tomorrow I hope! Stay tuned!