Thursday, February 2, 2012
Sloppy Joe Meatball Subs & Grilled French Fries
To carry on with my quest to keep making different stuff, last night I made Sloppy Joe Meatball Subs with Home Made French Fries I cooked on the grill. Let me start by saying it was awesome! But sandwich ever! Maybe not ever, but it was pretty good! The fries were super good as well. I thin k this might be my favorite new way to make fries. Here is how I made everything.
Sloppy Joe Meatball Subs
1 pound ground beef
1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning , divided
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper, Ground
Sloppy Joe Sauce of Choice (The original recipe called for a packet of dry Sloppy Joe mix, tomato paste and water, but I used a old family recipe for Sloppy Joe Sauce but you can use whatever sauce you want)
4 submarine rolls (6-inch)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Mix ground beef, garlic salt, 3/4 teaspoon of the Italian seasoning and pepper in large bowl. Shape into 16 (1 1/2-inch) meatballs.
2. Bake meatballs at about 400 degrees until nice and brown and cooked through. Add meatballs to a large pan and add your Sloppy Joe Sauce and remaining 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning; stir until smooth. Simmer 5 minutes.
3. Toast your rolls. I placed them in the pizza oven for a couple minutes. Place meatballs in rolls. Spoon sauce over top. Sprinkle with cheese. Put back in pizza oven to melt cheese.
Home Made Fries on The Grill
5 large potatoes
Seasoning of Choice
1. Pre heat grill to about 400 degrees. Place your pizza stone on the grill when you start it so it heats up at the same rate as the grill
2. Place your potatoes in the microwave for 5 minutes.
3. Slice your Potatoes into wedges, or in whatever shape fries you want.
4. Once the grill is heated up, place all of the fries onto the pizza stone in a single layer with little or no gaps between all of the fries. Once they are arranged, use a basting brush and put a light layer of olive oil over the fries. Sprinkle with your favorite seasoning. I used a equal part mix of Prime Rib seasoning and Lawry's seasoned salt.
5. Cook for about 1 hour or until your fries are nice and golden brown.
This way gets your fries so crunchy and awesome! Super Awesome!